Wednesday 9 November 2011

It's Official, I've Lost My Mind

Menopause SUCKS.  While I may have the hot flashes somewhat under control, my memory is not what it used to be.  And the worst part about it is that I'm really not THAT old...  I had to undergo a complete hysterectomy and bi-lateral mastectomy with tram-flap by the age of 29...  I refuse to admit how old I am now, but I'm definitely under 50, for a little while...  In my imagination, I'm still 25...  Although I must admit, I finally got a sense of style in my mid thirties, so mid thirties weren't too bad.  I wish I was thinner though...  Oh look, there goes my Menopause brain, AGAIN.  I'm rambling...


I was convinced Monday night that I had an appointment with Dayton's child psychologist yesterday afternoon, so much so, that when I got Dayton on the bus, I rushed back inside, cleaned up a bit, decided to take a little nap, than grab a shower, put on make up and did my hair.  Got dressed...  Drove all the way out to the psychologist's office and announced to the receptionist that I was here for my appointment.  I sat in the waiting room while she called Dayton's psychologist's nurse (Nurse Penny), and heard a "really?  are you sure, because she's sitting right here in the waiting room..."

Nurse Penny comes out to the waiting room, and thank goodness I was by myself without Dayton and the waiting room was empty...  "Lou, we're in a scheduled meeting right now, I'm pretty sure your appointment is next Tuesday...  Let me go get my appointment book."

Whhhhaaaaaaaat?!  I'm so tired...  You mean to tell me I could still be obliviously drooling on my pillow?  Seriously?!

Nurse Penny comes back with her appointment book and shows me pencilled in for November 15th at 11:30am.  Really?!  I even got the freaking time wrong?!  What's wrong with me?!

I apologize for my confusion and interruption and slink away to my car.  Does this mean Dayton's school's hot lunch isn't on tomorrow and I need to go out and buy bread today?  Better go home and check as I am also one of the volunteers for hot lunch day...

Check the calendar and guess what?  Oops I did it again!  Got that day wrong too.  Hot lunch is next week!!!  What's happening to me?!  I threw in the towel and went back to bed.  Whatever.  Deal with it later.


Consider yourselves hugged, especially if your brain is somewhat like mine.

Lou

No comments:

Post a Comment