Saturday 8 October 2011

This Thanksgiving, I am Grateful For...

All I can say is THANK YOU LORD!!!  Thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you!!!  Did I say thank you?  Because I am one grateful mamma!

I've been so terribly sick this week, I think I need to go in and see a doctor.  I've been practically bed ridden, functioning long enough to keep Dayton safe, fed and smiling, that's about all I've been able to manage.  As soon as I get Dayton out to school, I end up back in bed.  As a result of this, I've had little to no energy to help Dayton study for his spelling test this week, and as I've mentioned in my previous post, I've felt terribly guilty...  But then, something happened.  Dare I say it out loud?  My babe is no longer a baby...  He's a boy.  I smart, responsible, young boy...

Friday came and I dreaded picking Dayton up after school.  I honestly didn't think he would do well on his spelling test, and that he would come home crushed.  Prior to this flu I'm battling now, we would spend at least an hour memorizing five words...  An hour of tears and frustration every evening. 

My babe, sorry, young boy came strutting off the bus with a huge grin on his face.  "Mamma, I got an A, not an A+, but I got an A."
"Huh?  You got ten out of ten right on your spelling test?"
"No, but I got an A."
"Huh?"
"I did good mamma!"
"Show me babe."
And he did.  Boy did he ever.  The boy got eight out of ten words right.  Seriously?!  Holly crap!!!  My babe (OK, so it's gonna take a bit to get used to not calling him a babe anymore) done good!!!  Without my help!  WOW!!!

I don't know what's happened, I mean this is a kid who couldn't read or write last year, other than his name.  He had some sight words, don't get me wrong, he had some words memorized, but he never spelled a word in his life!  And here he is, doing it without me!!!

So, this Thanksgiving, I am thankful to our heavenly father for hearing my prayers.  Thank you Lord for giving my son the chance to learn.  Thank you for giving us a teacher that cares.

Now let's talk about my health...



Consider yourselves hugged, and have a fantastic Thanksgiving day. 

Lou

No comments:

Post a Comment