Sunday 19 February 2012

We Got It!!! Time To Celebrate!!!

We finally did it.  Well, SuperDad did it.  We got a gym for the kids!  I'm so excited, I can hardly contain it all from erupting in the form of projectile vomit.  I mean this in a good way.  Whenever I get super happy excited, I end up sick to my stomach...

So you're thinking "Big deal...  the girl's got a gym.  I don't get it...

Let me explain:  All kids in Winnipeg on the autism spectrum get to enjoy this gym every Tuesday night, from 6:30pm to 8pm.  It's a home for PACE!!!  This is huge!!!  We finally have a home away from home, and our kiddos will reap the benefits of interacting with THEIR true peers, without the fear of being bullied, harassed or teased for their disabilities.  They will be celebrated for being a truly unique individual, because let's face it.  If you've met a child on the autism spectrum, you've only met ONE child on the autism spectrum.  It's a broad spectrum, full of beautiful colors and cool puzzles pieces.

Parents benefit by interacting with other parents of children on the autism spectrum, supporting one another without judgement!  How many of us have felt judged by people that just 'don't get it?'  Oh, I don't know...  how about your child's school?


Yeah...  That's what I thought.

Wouldn't it be nice to have a good cup of coffee, hang out with other parents who get you and your kid?  That's what we're offering, so make sure to visit us and check out our website for up to date information!

Anyhow, thought I'd share the fantastic news with y'all.  Hope you're as excited as I am!  For those wanting more information and a schedule of events, please visit www.pacewithasd.com.  Save it as a favorite on your web browser, and make sure to keep updated at this website people!  Let me help you bring some sanity back to your life.


Consider yourselves hugged,

Lou

No comments:

Post a Comment