Friday 9 December 2011

Heavy, Broken Heart

Ohhhhhhh nnnnnnoooooooo!!!  Dayton's educational assistant is leaving!!!  Nnnnnnoooooooo!!!  Next to breaking a hip, this is not the news I wanted to hear right now...  It really isn't...  I'm serious.  I'd rather lie on a bed of nails, stick one of them in my eye, run to emergency and wait there for three days before it's my turn for the good doctor to see me and get a tetanus shot than have his educational assistant leave!!!  I don't know which one of us is going to take this worse, Dayton or me, myself and Lou...

The principal assured me that it is not just Dayton's educational assistant that is making Dayton successful this year, that it is also Dayton himself.  I told him he's wrong (of course I did, mamma knows best, right?), it is a combination of Dayton's new teacher and his educational assistant.  This does not mean that I don't believe in my babe...  It means that I've gone through enough hell in Dayton's short career as a student to know better.

My son, whom I love more than life itself, has chewed up, spat out, used, abused and eaten for lunch educational assistants that were much, much bigger and meaner than his current assistant.  I remember one year at St. Amant's daycare I was supposed to have been thrilled to have a spot found for my son, Dayton went through three assistants in a month, one of them only lasted a day.

This petite little woman has a grasp on how Dayton works and what makes him tick more so that I do myself.  I want to bring her home with me, but that would just weird her out, I'm sure it would...  I don't want her to go...  She cares about my boy, the way I haven't seen an assistant care about him before.  It's a sin to lose her...

How am I going to tell my babe that she's leaving?  I can't break his heart too...

I think I'm just going to have to settle down with a glass of wine to chill my nerves...  Take deep breaths, try not to hyperventilate and maybe call my friend to come over so I can whoop her butt in Yahtzee...  That always makes me feel better...


Consider yourselves hugged,

Lou

No comments:

Post a Comment