Sunday 8 May 2011

HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY!!!

It's Mother's Day!  You wake up in the morning with hugs and kisses from your little guys and girls who scream  "Happy Mother's Day!"  They are super excited to give you the gifts they've crafted for you.  They eagerly give you the cards they made with pride.  Oh, and don't forget the breakfast tray, with freshly ground and brewed coffee...  THAT'S IN YOUR DREAMS AND TV ONLY!!!  Reality is just a wee bit different.

"Get up, momma, get up!!!  I'm hungry, I'm thirsty and get up!!!"
"Ugh..."  I literally roll myself out of bed and stumble into the kitchen to get that rejuvenating liquid, nectar of the Gods called coffee...  On my way to the coffee pot, I walk into walls, trip over air, smack into the fridge and knock things off the kitchen island.  The highlight of my morning is pouring that first cup of coffee and taking that very first whiff and sip of it.  Ummmmmm...  Coffee good!

"I want oatmeal, your oatmeal, not dad's oatmeal."  Little does he know that it's not my oatmeal, it's the instant Quaker Oats people's oatmeal he wants.  Crap.  I'm out of Apple Cinnamon...  Here we gooooooo :(  This is going to be a fun melt down, unless of course he decides the package of maple and brown sugar flavored oatmeal will do the trick.  We'll find out in 5, 4, 3, 2, 1 and "Houston!  Houston, we have a problem!!!"


To all of us hard working, butt kicking, edu fighting, edu teaching, schedule making, autism reading, autism learning, autism coping moms out there, know I'm here, wishing you a Happy Mother's Day.


Consider yourselves hugged,

Lou

No comments:

Post a Comment