Monday 1 August 2011

On The Mend

It's been an uphill battle with my kidney stone issue.  The little bugger got blasted two weeks ago today, and let me tell you, I don't wish this pain on my worst enemy, not even on the people who have discriminated against my boy.  I've passed some of the broken stone since my lithotripsy procedure (a whole new world of pain there), but there is still a chunk left in my left ureter.  The little bugger won't go away even after being pulverized.  A true pain in the side like this deserves a name of its own...  I think I'll call it Glenda.

Anyways...  thank God for grandparents.  I had been hospitalized for nearly a week, so Dayton had to go spend some time with grandma Karen and grandpa Hans.  Glen, Dayton's daddy, forgot to give Dayton his medication for two nights in a row, then calls me at the hospital to ask me what he should do.  After giving him advice, he decided to do the complete opposite of what I told him to do.  Wonderful.  Mental note:  mothers are not allowed to get sick.

When I tried to explain my home situation to Doogie Howser MD, and how Dayton needs his momma to get home ASAP, and that Dayton doesn't really care if I'm in pain or feeling sick, or am taking a naked jog through a busy mall on Boxing Day slapping people in the head screaming "you are healed,"...  His needs don't stop, so neither can I.  "Give me some pain meds and send me home, fix me already!!!" The young pup of a urologist looked at me as though I had a third eye growing out of my forehead.

I am home now, and I thank you all who have been kind enough to email me with your concern about the inactive state of Autism Diva Help.  I apologize for neglecting my readers.  I'm feeling a bit better and feel my mind is a wee bit clearer without the fog of pain medications.


Consider yourselves hugged,

Lou

No comments:

Post a Comment