Wednesday 24 August 2011

What Happens At The Camp Fire, Stays At The Camp Fire, Unless You Read Autism Diva

I've missed most of the summer do to Glenda (the blasted kidney stone), but I'm finally free of it!  Of course it took a second procedure where good 'ole Doogie Howser put a stint in me the day before our camping trip which kind of put a damper on the first day of camping as I could barely walk, but what a fantastic time camping!!! 

The best part of this camping trip was that it was a family affair.  Grandma and Grandpa Paul and Kathleen came all the way from Wisconsin, cousin Evan and his seven month pregnant wife Kim came with my step daughter (I can't stand that term, so I call her my girl) Charlie-Anne from Regina, and finally cousin Niel and his pregnant wife Kim (yup, we had two Kims!) and their two adorable daughters.  My friend Shelley and her son Evan (Dayton's buddy) came and joined us and lodged in our camper too.  The boys had a fantastic time!

I, on the other hand, was tormented by my shunt.  Having to endure it for a week, I gave up three days into the trip, not caring about the consequences.  Thank goodness I did, INSTANT RELIEF!  Wooooo-hooooooooooooo!!!  Time for FUN!!!  And fun we had...

We exercised...  Especially Evan and Evan...  (Yup, had two Evans there too)

We fed the deer...

We pet the deer...  Seems the deer thought Charlie-Anne was safe...  Little did they know she's going to apply for her FAC as she wants to hunt them...

We stalked the deer...

Dayton, Evan and Charlie-Anne rode their Harley Choppers...

Dayton, Evan and Grandpa Paul went out with the metal detector to find our pot of gold...

We played board games...

We laughed so loud we had complaints every night...  I'm surprised we didn't get banned from the camp ground.  It really wasn't our fault...  There was a fire ban in effect, which meant that everyone BUT us went to bed at 11pm.  I mean seriously...  It's camping!  Who goes to bed that early CAMPING?  No music, no fire, no hiking (not that I'm into hiking, just would have been nice to have had the option in case I decided to go on a diet and exercise regime...  you know?)...  Anyhow, our neighbors hated us.  It seemed we were too red necked for 'em all.  Oh well... We did manage to make a couple of friends that were even louder than us.  The girls came to visit two nights during our trip.  Turns our one of them works at my bank...

We goofed off...

And even got a little scary...

And made time for cuddling!

We had a lot of fun, and I wish we could have stayed longer...  But, unfortunately, life's responsibilities continue, and so we're back home.
Time to get ready for the new school year...  Ugh!!!


Consider yourselves hugged,

Lou

No comments:

Post a Comment